Looking for sledding hill in NWI and North Central IN.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My kids are off school for a long weekend and with all the lake effect show we hand in NWI and North Central Indiana, I'm looking to take them sledding. Any good places with snow on them?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know how much snow they got in Valpo but there used to be a place (county park I think) near the ski place on Meridian Road south of 6.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I don't know how much snow they got in Valpo but there used to be a place (county park I think) near the ski place on Meridian Road south of 6.
    I know the one you are taking about but Valpo just got a dusting. Thanks tho Mom :) I probaly have better luck in La Porte County but don't know where the hills are at.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI

I live less than I mile from that hill...forget it, we had less than 1 inch, most of it melted today. It's supposed to be 34 and sunny tomorrow, and 41 on Saturday. I think you would have to go toward South Bend at this point. My son said they had a foot.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Those hills around Dragoon trail always make me think how fun they would be to sled on! The sledding hill we had in my parents' woods was killer...lined with trees and had to steer the sled just right and then we'd shoot all the way across the property and under the electric fence...had to duck so you didn't lose your head! LOL! I'll never forget when my sister got the saucer sled for Christmas and tried to go down the hill on it...crashed into a tree and split that sled right in two! LOL! We probably should have worn helmets. We must have been tougher than kids of today.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Those hills around Dragoon trail always make me think how fun they would be to sled on! The sledding hill we had in my parents' woods was killer...lined with trees and had to steer the sled just right and then we'd shoot all the way across the property and under the electric fence...had to duck so you didn't lose your head! LOL! I'll never forget when my sister got the saucer sled for Christmas and tried to go down the hill on it...crashed into a tree and split that sled right in two! LOL! We probably should have worn helmets. We must have been tougher than kids of today.

I was on a real sled with metal rails that you could kind of steer and shot down the northern face headed towards Dragoon. I ended up halfway under the fence. Almost made it onto the road! Good times.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Those sleds with the runners were the only thing we could steer on our sledding hill...those were fun times for sure!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Noblesville has Forest park, a girl got killed there sledding a couple years ago, I got some good air and when I came down wondered if I would ever walk again, good times!

Top Bottom