No limit EBT = Shop til' you drop.... Or not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    They are just such good loving people, I love working all day to make money so they can go to WalMart and buy candy and pop so I can wait in line for 45min. to check out...

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    It would be poetic justice if they could apply negative balances on those cards until the account is paid in full. I'm sure us hardworking tax payers will foot the bill for Walmart's stupidity.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's not walmart's fault. They had a payment method that authorized correctly...

The problem is that government handouts have caused an entire subculture of entitled people who will take anything from anyone as long as it's free. They have it so hard that it justifies them taking something from a huge corporation from Walmart because "they won't miss it".

This is the problem with universal payor healthcare. When it's "free", there will be unlimited demand. The only way to control it is to put restrictions on who can get it, and THERE is your "death panels", rationing, etc...

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It's not walmart's fault. They had a payment method that authorized correctly...

^This. First, the EBTs were being declined starting on Saturday, then EBTs were allowing unlimited purchases on Monday. Apparently word spread fast. Walmart did not cause any of this. They are just the most visible store for observing EBT shoppers.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    It would be poetic justice if they could apply negative balances on those cards until the account is paid in full. I'm sure us hardworking tax payers will foot the bill for Walmart's stupidity.

I think this would be judicious. When next month's deposit is only paying down this month's negative balance then they'll have to learn how to budget their grocery expenses like the rest of us!

Last edited:

erice1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    South Carolina
    I think this would be judicious. When next month's deposit is only paying down this month's negative balance then they'll have to learn how to budget their grocery expenses like the rest of us!

That would be sweet.

So when is it, that the shutdown will cease EBT ? I need to be out of my neighborhood around that date. Lol

badapples

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Jennings County
    That is just wrong. The sad thing is, these people will complain because they didn't get their groceries even though they weren't entitled to them. It is a never ending.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Carry the balance forward.

Looting on a grander scale.

I think they should be prosecuted for theft.

Precisely what I was thinking!

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    The latest I've read on this is that the policy established by the card issuer is either to call in for verification or limit purchases to $50. Since Walmart chose to do neither but instead allowed the shopping spree, they are probably going to have to foot the bill for any purchases above each cardholder's limit. I'm by no means a Walmart fan but I do think the state could make an example of these abusers by allowing the balance to carry over to next month's benefits. Otherwise, all they're really doing is enabling abusers like this because some big, faceless corporation will be forced to absorb the cost of the cardholders' collective lack of scruples. Unless they are held personally accountable they will have gotten away with it no matter who ends up footing the bill.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Most of the stuff that got taken during the free spree was probably sold for cash within hours, and then that cash converted to smoke.

meth or crack

Take your pick

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Oh I'm sure honest, hard working citizens will absorb the tab with increased prices. Talk about a double whammy.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

If they could be taught to budget, they probably wouldn't be on SNAP or EBT or SNAFU or STHU or whatever it's called in political correct terms.

Top Bottom