Help me with ideas for Meet or Eat n Greet in my area (Terre Haute)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Those of you who put these things one, what sort of things do you seek in a place to hold them? I am in Terre Haute and since none of these sorts of things go on here I want to try and host one somewhere. I want to know what makes one successful from those of you who have them all the time. As far as I know there is one cigar store in town and parking is excruciatingly horrible for it as it is downtown and the only parking is along the street fighting all the other storefronts for parking. I smoke cigars and this was my first thought but remembering finding parking made me forget that right away.

I personally have open carried in a number of eateries without trouble but would have to check to see how they'd feel about a mob of openly armed folks. I have yet to see another person in town openly carrying a gun and boy do I attract attention in some places here. This makes me gather it is rather unusual in Terre Haute to actually see a gun on someone's hip. I would love to change that myself and see a group of openly carrying people having a good time somewhere. I know footwork needs to be done. I want to know what sorts of places people like to have these things to happen? Once I have a general idea I can scout them out and post a feeler here to see if it is even worth doing plus see what size group to ask about when scouting.

I am relatively new to the area. I freed myself from Illinois a few years ago and now wish to meet some people in my area. Since it appears no one around here has established any INGO Meet Traditions I will take it upon myself to do it for my area and see how it goes. If it works out we can make it a regular occurrence and try to expand it to more shooting and other things than just hooking up and seeing who is who. :ingo:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    No one? Well maybe this is not such a good idea and why there are not any of these meeting around me. :dunno:

I was hoping for people to just give me ideas but I guess I am missing something there too. Did I break a rule or miss a link?

Top Bottom