• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I had today off work and decided to buy a new set of rings and a scope for a rifle. I took my gun into work so I could mount and bore sight the new scope. At the store, I mounted the scope and was preparing to leave when had a scary encounter with an old guy.

As I was leaving the store (in my shorts and polo shirt, not uniform) an old guy saw me behind the counter and asked if we had .22. I told him that we did and that there was a two box/100 round limit. The guy started belittling me and called me "an idiot" for saying 100 rounds. According to him, they appropriate language was "shells." He started cussing at me and yelling about how "In WWII they let us have more than a hundred."

I politely told him that it was store policy and there wasn't anything that I could do about it. As I wasn't working, I disengaged, grabbed my cased rifle, and headed for the door. The old guy followed me. He started yelling that he "Was drafted and honorably served in the war." He said that I "Was obviously never in the military or I wouldn't treat him like this." I also "Would have probably been a deserter that he would have had to shoot." He informed me that "I was lucky he didn't shoot or hit me right there."

At this point I was finished being verbally attacked by a 90 year old a-hole. I asked him if he thought that he deserved special treatment because he involuntarily served in the military during WWII. That shut him up long enough for me to say a few words to a coworker at the door. The coworker told the old guy that the his son served in the military by choice, not by force, and didn't demand special treatment. He asked the old guy why he felt so entitled to a special set of rules.

The old vet then told me that he was "ready to fight me right now." I told the old guy that his two options were to leave the store willingly or suffer a broken hip in a fight. He stormed off to his car after yelling "I'll be back!"

I ate a sammich that Chick-a-fillet delivered to us for free and left for home. I think that the store was considering calling the cops. My fear had always been getting shot in a robbery, not dying during a geezers bayonet charge on the firearms counter. :laugh:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm not saying he was right. I'm just saying this is one of the things I'm looking forward to about getting old if I'm lucky enough to do so. Old people just don't give a :poop: anymore. Why? Because they don't have to!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not saying he was right. I'm just saying this is one of the things I'm looking forward to about getting old if I'm lucky enough to do so. Old people just don't give a :poop: anymore. Why? Because they don't have to!

And with an attitude like that old guy's, I wouldn't sell him 22 for $10 a "shell".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :popcorn:

Subscribing in anticipation of part II...Maybe next time, there'll be a spirited debate over clip vs. magazine or the origins of "lock 'n load".

Top Bottom