• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    We got hammered pretty hard last night, spent the day calling contractors and cleaning up. Here are some pics of the damage. Notice our New camper now laying on its side......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ouch.Glad everyone is ok.

If you are dealing with an insurance company,call a licensed public adjuster.It will take all of the stress off of you,and place control of the repairs in your hands not the insurance companies.

Not sure of your area,but there is no way I will ever file an insurance claim with out a public adjuster on my side.They are independent and licensed by the state to work for YOU not the insurance company.I tried to find the list on Indiana.gov to post but that section of the website is down.Try google or the yellow pages,most are listed.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, that was one wicked storm, had one about a month ago here. Co-worker up in Oakland City had all his windows on one side of his house blown in/out by hail. Roof damage, siding damage, the works. Glad you and family are alright.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man... You're in the SE portion of the county, correct? (No, not stalking - just remembering from an earlier tornado thread?)

My folks live up near Darlington. I don't think they had any "bad" weather like that. We just had some nice storms at our house. Glad it didn't do anything like that. I just got a new roof and gutters last year...I don't think Liberty Mutual would take kindly to having IndyMonkey installing another new one.

Might to early to determine for sure, OP, but has the camper been totaled as well? I know it doesn't take much for those - especially when they're no longer upright.

-J-

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Thats a serious storm. Glad everyone is OK. I like the truck. Can't go wrong with Dodge and a solid front axle

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Ouch.Glad everyone is ok.

If you are dealing with an insurance company,call a licensed public adjuster.It will take all of the stress off of you,and place control of the repairs in your hands not the insurance companies.

Not sure of your area,but there is no way I will ever file an insurance claim with out a public adjuster on my side.They are independent and licensed by the state to work for YOU not the insurance company.I tried to find the list on Indiana.gov to post but that section of the website is down.Try google or the yellow pages,most are listed.

My wife's cousin is a private adjuster, he'll be out this week with our insurance adjuster and two contractors.

Man... You're in the SE portion of the county, correct? (No, not stalking - just remembering from an earlier tornado thread?)

My folks live up near Darlington. I don't think they had any "bad" weather like that. We just had some nice storms at our house. Glad it didn't do anything like that. I just got a new roof and gutters last year...I don't think Liberty Mutual would take kindly to having IndyMonkey installing another new one.

Might to early to determine for sure, OP, but has the camper been totaled as well? I know it doesn't take much for those - especially when they're no longer upright.

-J-

Yes, I live near New Ross. Our neighbor lost his barns this spring in a tornado that formed just east of our house. It's looking like New siding, at least a partial roof job, 3 new windows and camper as of right now.

I'm sure the camper is a complete loss. I had my archery target on the east side of it (two 4x4's about six feet high) that tore through the side when it went over. All the glass is blown out on one side and major hail damage everywhere. Luckily we had a policy on it.

Wow, if you can pull a 5th wheel camper we need to talk.

Depends on the weight, I'm looking to get something in the 25' with a slide or 29-30 without that weighs no more than 6-6500#

We got hit hard to. We have someone coming out to check out the roof later this week. Not quite that amount of damage though.

Hope everything goes well.

Last edited:

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Settled with the insurance Monday. Looks as though we're getting a new roof, siding, facia, gutters, 6 windows, and garage doors. Pretty much everything we've done to the house in he last 8yrs lol.

Now on to looking for a new travel trailer...

Top Bottom