• AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Check this out
    2013-02-28142052_zpsc81b1b70.jpg

Picked these up at Walmart today. $16.97 per 50. Brass case, non-corrosive, boxer primed, reloadable, copper jacketed lead 55grn bullets. Italian manufacture not Russian. I've seen rumors that Fiocchi is making these for them but nothing confirming it. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but everything I've seen says they're great.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    "liablity" ??

Are you asking about liability or reliability?

IMO the foreign ammo is very reliable. The knock on it has been either steel cased or berdan/corrosive primers. This new stuff from overseas looks to have eliminated both of those concerns, so that's cool.

If you're talking "liability", I'm not sure how to answer that question.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Not trying to jack the thread but, how does liablity work worth foreign ammo? ...

"liablity" ??

Are you asking about liability or reliability?

IMO the foreign ammo is very reliable. The knock on it has been either steel cased or berdan/corrosive primers. This new stuff from overseas looks to have eliminated both of those concerns, so that's cool.

If you're talking "liability", I'm not sure how to answer that question.

Spelling aside... I'd have to say he is clearly asking about liability. Bet he's sorry you're not sure how to answer his question.:)

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Spelling aside... I'd have to say he is clearly asking about liability. Bet he's sorry you're not sure how to answer his question.:)

Well, you could take a swing at it...what do you think his liability concern might be? That he'll get sued for shooting foreign-made, brass-cased, boxer-primed 223 ammo?

:dunno:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Annealed cases and all.
    Someone on here was talking about this ammo a few days ago.
    Isn't the Fiocchi plant here in the States? one of them anyway.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

Well, you could take a swing at it...what do you think his liability concern might be? That he'll get sued for shooting foreign-made, brass-cased, boxer-primed 223 ammo?

:dunno:

I'm not going to take a swing at it, because I don't know anything about it, and it's too early in the morning to feign confusion about what he was asking.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm not going to take a swing at it, because I don't know anything about it, and it's too early in the morning to feign confusion about what he was asking.

I don't know what you're getting wrapped around the axle about. You said you're pretty sure he meant to say "liability". OK, I'm fine with that. What kind of liability would he be concerned with? For the record: I'm pretty sure he meant to type "reliability"...which is much more likely to be a problem with ammo than liability, don't you think?

Call me old-school if you want, but I AM a bit particular about spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Not trying to jack the thread but, how does liablity work worth foreign ammo? (I have probably shot it and didnt know it)
    Not quite sure what you are asking? If your talking about "Liability" (legal issues) - In my opinion I seriously doubt there is any difference regarding your liability in a legal sense, if you shoot someone on purpose or by accident regardless of what the ammo is or where the ammunition is manufactured. (unless you reload 12 gage shells with fleshettes or something similar).

If you are talking about "reliability" and/or accuracy, I have found most "foreign" ammo to be basically on a par with American made ammo. The only difference that I have seen is that some of the foreign ammo does have "harder" primers, if you have a firearm that has a "soft" hit on a primer, occasionally that gun won't function well with some foreign ammo. Also I have seen complaints that the powder used is "dirty" with some foreign ammo. Personally I have seen the same issues with "dirty" powder used in some American ammo.

I have used Chinese, Russian, Swiss, Italian, Romanian, Yugoslavian, British and other countries ammo without problems. Have had one lot of foreign ammo for handgun (7.62X25) can't remember the source, that had several FTF. It was surplus bulk ammo and had probably been stored improperly. Other than that the majority of FTF rounds I have had were American 22 cal.

Accuracy varies, the Swiss ammo GP-11 is probably the best I have ever seen, better than most American "Match Grade" ammo. The other foreign ammo like 7.62X54R, 7.62X39, 9mm, .303, 8mm, 6.5X55, and many others vary, but in general are on a par with the normal grades of American ammo in my opinion.

I see far more variation in my ability to shoot accurately, and in the individual firearms I have than in the "brand" of ammo I shoot, although the velocity and bullet weight have a large impact on accuracy regardless of where the ammo is produced.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    I don't know what you're getting wrapped around the axle about. You said you're pretty sure he meant to say "liability". OK, I'm fine with that. What kind of liability would he be concerned with? For the record: I'm pretty sure he meant to type "reliability"...which is much more likely to be a problem with ammo than liability, don't you think?

Call me old-school if you want, but I AM a bit particular about spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.

I didn't say "pretty sure" I said "clearly". It was clear what the guy was asking. I'm sure you've heard the term "Product Liability"? May be saberstar will chime in and clear it up for you. To me it seemed like you were making the guy out to be a yabo for a minor spelling error.

I'm sure nobody nobody cares too much what you are particular about.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom