• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    The name is a bit misleading. Tried to buy ammo from them for the first time the other day. Nice ad shows up at the house at 11 am brought to my mail box by the good ol U.S. post office. I look thru it and see a great deal on Rio royal 00 buck, so I go online and try and order it, but the price is different. So I call them, thinking it is a special from the mailer. She tells me the price has increased $60 per case. I tell her the ad just showed up 30 minutes ago, how can this be? She tells me the ads are made way in advance and ammo has increased across the board. Is this the way they always do business???? I know it's called snail mail, but give me a break.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yep, CTD seems to be as bad as Don's Guns. It's not because they love to shoot, they just love money. Do a search of the boards here. I doubt you'll ever even consider buying form them again.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    She tells me the ads are made way in advance and ammo has increased across the board.

Not defending C.T.D.'s business practice in any way BTW.

Back in my consulting day's one of my customers was a bulk printing company. Saw them printing things for stuff way in the future on occasion. Like advertisements for department stores. Be willing to bet if you look closely at that coupon there is a "Prices and availability subject to change without notice." disclaimer in really really small text somewhere. So they cover themselves legally if there's a big change.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    they got a bad name in the gun community when they decided to stop selling guns the day after sandy hook. political crap.
    their prices now are ridiculous, when they actually get stuff.

i don't buy the whole 'supplier raised my prices' BS, no matter who it comes from. i've found enough legit deals lately to not fall for it whatsoever.

Top Bottom