Attention mall ninjas!! Your new bullet is here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    [video=youtube;o6FYr0N3xt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FYr0N3xt8#t=1290[/video]

1277685345986.gif

Its like a Glaser Safety Slug and a .410 PDX1 had a baby, that baby grew up and married a Taser cartridge, and the Taser cartridge gave birth to this.

Proposed uses:

Chain shot for destroying the mast and sails of tiny pirate ships.
    A manlier version of that game where drunks who can't be trusted with horseshoes throw the golf balls tied together with rope at a little ladder thing.
    Winning that the "pop the balloon" game at the carnival with style.
    The fastest way to divide a small pumpkin pie into three equal pieces.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Ah, mall ninjas... that inspires me to go back and reread that hilarity.

As for this product, I didn't hear a good explanation of why you would only want to have two of these rounds at the top of your magazine, and the "less accurate" rounds filling the rest. Cost of the rounds I suppose?

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    Hey! It's a Spiderman web slinger!

I'm sorry but unless the tethers are made of wire and will perform de-capitation, I'm really not interested.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Demonstrate that it will neutralize a target wearing winter clothing at engagement distances and you MIGHT pique my curiosity. Until then, I'm not trusting anything that only uses computer animation and paper targets to show me what it can do.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Agree with MT. This thing needs a lot better testing/demonstrations to prove effectiveness. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The stupid cameraman couldn't focus on the box near the end. I wanted to see what kind of range they gave these projectiles. Three keyholed fragments spinning around creates a lot of drag.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't think the purpose is for the wires to "cut through tissue". The purpose is to provide a true method of controlling expansion. IE, the individual bullet pieces spread out and then stay that distance apart until they hit the target at which point they will likely break off.

It does seem a bit gimmicky to me. Seems that they are trying to make up for poor aim by putting more projectiles out there to hit the target. The downside is that now you have multiple projectiles that each have only a fraction of the energy of a normal bullet. And due to their spacing only one or two of those are likely to hit a critical area. You're essentially putting less energy on target. Practice, practice, practice and your shots will hit where they need to in the first place.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think there's an actual use for this new wonderful round.
    You can shoot at a cake from above and cut 3 clean slices in a second.

Puppy+Cake+3.jpg

They should make different models depending on how many guests you have (4,6,8 slices etc).
    You can probably use it for cheese too.Depending on how strong the wire is you could slice pretty big cheeses without much effort.
    Of course you have to make sure it's not going through the plate or the table.
    Maybe use a plate made of steel. :dunno:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    So a couple of things:

can they make me a round with 4 pieces that expand a net so I can trap something or somebody inside it?

Could I get the fibers replaced with lazer beams that cut through things?

What if a fragment comes detached?

This round could get somebody in trouble I bet. If one of those fragments comes off from the wire, that will send the whole balance off and send the pieces flying different directions. That could hit a bystander or go sailing off and hit something else. I would never trust something like this. Do not think that it would pierce through things due to having no realistic kinetic energy and having more resistance than a real hollow point. Great novelty item, not practical in the slightest.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom