• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    012-1.jpg

I got this holster in the same trade that brought me my XD9sc. I was skeptical when I first saw it's size and weird (ugly?) shape. It looked massive, and I couldn't imagine I'd want to wear the thing.​

Trying is believing. The holster has pluses and minuses, but overall it meets it's purpose very well, and new ones are reasonably priced at about $45. It conceals the gun wonderfully under tshirts or dress shirts, and does so in good comfort. I wear this holster 13 hours a day, four days a week, in an environment that mandates the gun not be noticed and doesn't offer opportunity of wearing a cover garment. It goes completely unnoticed, and I can wear it without having to fidget or adjust the gun. I routinely have to walk past lots and lots of folks, with plenty of opportunity for someone to see it, and it's just invisible.​

I was also skeptical about the thin leather, unsure that it would prove proper support. In practice, it provides perfectly adequate support, and pays dividends in comfort. The holster has molded itself to my body and the gun, providing a package that lets me know right where the gun is, without any sharp edges to poke or dig in. Whether wearing underwear or not, the holster doesn't chafe at all.​

The kydex holster itself is molded to the gun, and holds the gun well. It provides enough retention to hold the gun when turned upside down, which is adequate for it's purpose. The gun doesn't move or rattle in the holster. The gun is carried low, with the grip just above my waistband. It's held VERY tight to the body. The holster itself offers room to get a full grip, but it's difficult to get your thumb and fingers between the leather and the grip. It IS doable, though. It's also takes a very definite and authoritative yank on your shirt to get it above the gun. All in all, this is NOT a quick draw holster. It sacrifices speed for concealability, but does allow adequate speed with practice. I thought about cutting the holster away from the grip, but I don't think it would make a real difference. The butt would then be jammed into my belly, and I prefer the way the holster covers and protects the entire gun from my body and sweat.​

Negatives:​

The clips are shiny, which doesn't show up in the pictures. This can draw unwanted attention to them. They need to be more of a flat black. Also, I was told when I picked up the gun and holster that it can slip down your hip. If you tend to wear your pants pulled up a little high, it can do so. It finds a spot on your hips and stays there. It does take getting used to the feeling that it's trying to fall down your pant leg. It's not going to, it stays put. Just doesn't always feel like it.​

More importantly, it doesn't provide good concealment for women. At least, not my woman. The hips and waist just don't curve right to provide deep concealment if that is needed. Even untucked, the shirt tends to sit on top of the gun, making a noticeable bulge. On the plus side, this is one of the few holsters my wife has tried that she finds comfortable, and that doesn't drive the butt of the gun into her ribs. She did say that she wouldn't mind wearing it when she didn't want to OC, but didn't HAVE to go unnoticed.​

The front of the holster:
    010.jpg

The back of the holster:
    011-1.jpg

How the holster sits:
    014-1.jpg

Under an untucked t-shirt, and a close up:
    017.jpg

016.jpg

Under a tucked button shirt from the front, and a close up. Please forgive the crappy tucking job :D
    018.jpg

019.jpg

From the side:
    020-1.jpg

From the back:
    021-1.jpg

The draw and grip:
    022.jpg

023.jpg

Cathy wearing the holster. The gun is noticeable.
    024.jpg

Last edited:

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Nice review. I wish they made one for my gun. From the website, it looks like a pretty cool company. If you live in St. Louis they will help you put on a holster party for you and your 5 friends and cut the price to $30!

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I have one for my full-size M&P 40. Works great! Yes, it's not a "pretty" holster, but who's going to see it in your pants? I cut mine to look like a M-tac or Supertuck. I can really say that it made it anymore comfortable by doing so. I do get an occasional poke from the end of the grip now that I didn't get before I cut it. Nothing bad though.

I agree 100% with you Joe. Great functionality, comfort, and price! I got mine in less than a week as well when I ordered online.

Nice review! :thumbsup:

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Great review! I have 2 of these holsters and they are both great holsters for the money even 2 times the money. I highly recomend them.

Oh and some very rare rep given.

Top Bottom