Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Ammo:
    Fed bulk = cycles fine least precise
    Remington Subsonic = cycles fine middle precise
    CCI Green tag = cycles fine precise
    Lapua standard plus (wolf match target) = does not cycle most precise (1.5" at 50 yd)

Picture from first range outing with kit:

DSC01109.jpg

Host:
    1/9 dti 16" barrel irons sights with stainless CMMG kit.

DSC01107.jpg

Notes:
    I can shoot some better groups with this setup now but it is by no means a sniper rifle. At 50yds a pop can has little chance of living though. I am going to shoot it later today I'll keep track of how I am shooting it currently. I have a vortex strikefire that I'll be zeroing in as well.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Good info from what I remember from running conversion kits several years ago, the upper really gunked up and the gas tube became really dirty,

With the latest and greatest ammo, How's the gunk level, I'm really thinking of getting a conversion,

BTW thanks for posting groups and real info

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Yeah .22 ammo is really dirty and this setup allows the gas to still cycle back into the action so the upper and lower get pretty crud'ed up. I haven't had any stoppages but I've cleaned it every 4-500 rounds.

The green tag was most precise but at $15 for 100 it was used just to see how it shot. I put this setup together to shoot cheap ammo and have fun shooting water bottles etc. The extra precision isn't much of a concern in this setup. I guess if I had to shoot some kind of competition or something I might pic some up.

I got my strikefire zeroed yesterday and had a great time shooting. I was shooting the federal bulk and had some groups better than the fed pictured above and some about the same as above.

Top Bottom