• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I've been searching for a source since many have dried up or had a big price increase (for some reason) lately.

Uncle Sam's still has them at $8 plus freight but the quality of the batch I got from them was pretty bad. 2 were so stinky, I can't use them for anything other than skunk storage. A dozen delivered to me from Uncle Sammy is $135.

I found this source today. Shawn at Black Star Surplus was really good to work with and his grade 3 ones are nicer than any I've see at Uncle Sam or at any show.

I told him of INGO and he's opened up the deal I got to everyone. I got 12 for $144 delivered to me in South Bend.

$12 per can delivered if 6 or more.

Here is the way to get the deal:
    2vmu89j.jpg

www.blackstarspecial.com

Here's the info:

The site is updated for Grade 3 quantities 6 and up are $12.00 each, that would be great I you could post that on your shooters board.

This is the description:

Grade 3 (Well Used, But not done)
    Grade 3 ammo cans are for the value conscious. Don’t be scared of these cans, these are what other sellers may sell as Grade 2. These cans are still fully usable in every way! The INSIDE of these cans will likely have some rust on the inside. The OUTSIDE of these can look brand new, have small to medium dents, stickers, spray paint, marker, and/or rust on the outside. Again they may look new on the outside, but surface rust will be on the INSIDE, the O-rings could be new, or damaged. The D-Ring & the handle may be bent, but useable. They will all operate as intended, we will not sell a can that will not perform. They will clean up on the inside if you want to do it yourself. We believe our Grade 3 cans represent the best value in ammo cans on the market today!

Shawn Freeman
    Black Star Surplus
    1000 N. May Ave.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107

www.blackstarsurplus.com

https://www.facebook.com/BlackStarSurplus

Last edited:

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    **Heads Up!! Palmetto State Armory has free shipping over $50.00. I just ordered 4 brand new 50 cal ammo cans for $16.00 each. Sweet deal.... :)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    $12 is not bad including shipping, but why would you want any that have rust INSIDE?
    A little on the exterior of the can would be ok, but I want the insides near perfect!
    Same with the seals, that's the most important part of the can!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    $12 is not bad including shipping, but why would you want any that have rust INSIDE?
    A little on the exterior of the can would be ok, but I want the insides near perfect!
    Same with the seals, that's the most important part of the can!

Yeah this. That kept me from ordering. Anyone that got these care to comment on the condition?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Okay, here's the straight skinny on Black Star Surplus ammo cans.

I got them last week. They shipped really fast. 3 days, IIRC.

Just got around to opening them up last night. Some exterior rust but very little. No more exterior rust than any that I've seen.

Zero interior rust and all 12 seals are AOK. I'm not sure about his grading system but all of mine were as nice as any I've bought in the past.

One can was a desert color and it was rough on the outside. Not rusted but a crappy paint job. Me and my buddy Krylon can fix that.

They just need to be cleaned before I use them but that's always the case with me.

I won't hesitate to go back again when I'm ready.

That's my $0.02.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    LSAB,

I'm guessing we're not too far from on another judging by the phonetics in your location...So, you never did answer...want to sell a few of them? Pretty please...lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I click on either link, my antivirus program warns me that the site is potentially malicious or has a spam history.
    I didn't have any trouble either. However, I was a little disappointed... They listed "Tanks" in their Inventory dropdown... turns out it's not the kind of "tanks" I was thinking of... darn it... :):

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Works fine for me...no issues through home or work systems/networks.

It's probably my antivirus program protecting me from myself.

It does that sometimes. It knows better than I what's good for me and what isn't. It takes care of me and protects me from evil. It makes sure that I only go to internet sites that are good for me.

It's made by B.H.O. Internet Protection Services. :D

Maybe I should switch to Norton or McAfee ...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    1. The cost for a 6pk on their site is $76.42. That's $12.73 per. Much closer the $13 per can than to the stated $12.

2 .Did they give you free shipping? I just looked at a 6pk and shipping was $46. That took my total to $122.68. OVER $20 per can.

This is NOT worth it, just a nice fudge of the numbers to make them seem cheaper. I can go to gander mt and get brand new cans for $19.99.

Top Bottom