• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Looking to buy a holster for my wifes Sig p238. She OC'S. The holster it came with is ok but i feel like its doing too much wear on the gun. I prefer something with a locking system like a thumb lock or index finger lock. Can't find anything please help me.
    p238holster.jpg

That's a pic of what she already has

Last edited:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know you said you wanted a lock or a strap system, but i would take a look at multiholsters.com they do great work and their holster have an amazing fit. Honestly my words don't do it any justice. Hope this helps good luck :yesway:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    If you have trouble finding a holster that fits you can always try a generic nylon holster with a retention strap.

No one really makes a retention holster for that gun because if you're going to carry OWB, choosing a gun that small is...less than optimal.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    If you have trouble finding a holster that fits you can always try a generic nylon holster with a retention strap.

No one really makes a retention holster for that gun because if you're going to carry OWB, choosing a gun that small is...less than optimal.

That's what I told her but its what she wanted and shes loved since day one that we got it

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Why do people keep referencing the P226 holsters?

The P238 is nothing like the standard sig P220/P226design, it's shaped like a tiny 1911.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    To the OP, visit threads about the choice of holsters made from Kydex, and other man-made materials, and also countless discussions about the practical use of holsters made from leather.

I've chosen leather which works well. Leather works well if kept clean, and should not be used for storage while in a gun safe, or closet, etc.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've heard Michael Bane state on his podcast that hes had good luck fitting his 238 in a 3" 1911 holster. If you were closer, I'd offer my services to make a Kydex holster for you. No straps needed for retention and they carry very comfortably.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    I can't help you with a recommendation for a thumb release type holster. I did recently purchase a holster for my Colt Mustang at a local gun store. I told the sales person that I was looking for a holster for the Colt and he gave me a Tagua leather holster for a Sig P238. I questioned how the fit was and he assured me that it would fit just fine. I tested it in the store and it fit like a glove. Those P238's must look very similar to the Colt Mustang.

If you want to go the route of an open top holster then Tagua is one option for you. It is the model BH3-450. Check out their website since there may be other options that would work better for you.

Top Bottom