• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • demmons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Looking to get a range bag. I was wondering what features, I should be looking for and what brands to look at and which ones to avoid. Thanks

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    this has been covered before, but, in my opinion, if you can catch it on sale the large range bag from midway is one of the best values going for a dedicated range bag. you would also be well served with any of the medium sized tool bags at your local home improvement store. my favorite is the bag from chuck at shooter's connection.

PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I bought a nice heavy duty medium sized tool bag from Big Lots. So far it has plenty of room for my AR15 mags, .40cal mags, and ammo for both, plus my 4003TSW in a hard case. Around the outside I have cleaning supplies in the pockets.

demmons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    this has been covered before, but, in my opinion, if you can catch it on sale the large range bag from midway is one of the best values going for a dedicated range bag. you would also be well served with any of the medium sized tool bags at your local home improvement store. my favorite is the bag from chuck at shooter's connection.

Thanks I figured this had been covered before, but I must be incompetent with the search function tried several different criteria and got Nada.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I've got the Midway bag and Epsylum had the 5.11 equal. They are almost the same. Both work very well and have held up just fine over the past year. The only real difference is the Midway version is cheaper.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've got the Midway bag and Epsylum had the 5.11 equal. They are almost the same. Both work very well and have held up just fine over the past year. The only real difference is the Midway version is cheaper.

I recently ponied up for a Midway bag based on bigcraig's recommendation. I really like it! So I brought it to FNS last week to show it off, and both bigcraig and VUPDblue had switched to these little dinky-a$$ bailout bags from LAPG. I'll never be able to keep up! Being a gear queer is rough sometimes. :lmfao:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I recently ponied up for a Midway bag based on bigcraig's recommendation. I really like it! So I brought it to FNS last week to show it off, and both bigcraig and VUPDblue had switched to these little dinky-a$$ bailout bags from LAPG. I'll never be able to keep up! Being a gear queer is rough sometimes. :lmfao:

:lmfao: I just bought one of those
    dinky-a$$ bailout bags from LAPG

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I use a medium sized tool bag from Menards. Plenty of pockets a lot of room, durable, and affordable. Works better than the real range bags that I have owned.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I bought a nice heavy duty medium sized tool bag from Big Lots. So far it has plenty of room for my AR15 mags, .40cal mags, and ammo for both, plus my 4003TSW in a hard case. Around the outside I have cleaning supplies in the pockets.

i like the way you think

rep'd for thriftiness

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom