• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I just bought a Ruger Security Six .357 revolver with a 6" barrel. As I started looking for a holster for this beast, I realized that wearing this on my hip would require at least a 10 gallon hat and leather chaps. And I don't think they make an IWB for a 6" barrel. I started looking at shoulder holsters, and found this bandolier style. I haven't seen many of them, which may indicate something in and of itself, but I wanted to know if anyone else had tried these. The advantages would be ease of wearing and removing, and being able to store the weapon easily while in the holster, plus you can wear a speedloader case on the bandolier instead of a belt. Here is a link to the one I am looking at.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KEGM9C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER]Amazon.com: Bulldog Right Hand Black Bandolier Holster (Fits Most Revolvers with 5 - 6 1/2-Inch Barrels, S & W K,L,N Frame): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Thoughts?

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a S & W 629 with a red-dot reflex sight. Do you think it would fit? I can't find the Bulldog holster that will accept a scope but the reflex is so small, I think it might fit. Let me know your thoughts.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is a "working"/farm gun? That may make sense if you do not anticipate needing it quickly. Ensure that you understand how to draw from a shoulder rig so you do not set yourself on fire.

I use Haugen rigs for my larger working guns. Chest/bandolier carry is nice for outdoor activities when you do not carry if it is seen. I recommend them without reservation.

Haugen Handgun Leather ::: Quality Handcrafted Leather Goods For The Discriminating Shooter - concealment holsters, hunting holsters, cowboy holsters all hand made - Haugen Handgun Leather

cidmedia1.jpg

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have a S & W 629 with a red-dot reflex sight. Do you think it would fit? I can't find the Bulldog holster that will accept a scope but the reflex is so small, I think it might fit. Let me know your thoughts.

Here is the bandolier for revolvers with the scope on them. Maybe this is what you are looking for?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Bandolier-Holster-Revolvers-6-Inch/dp/B001UOBSGA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339667911&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Bulldog Right Hand Black Scope Bandolier Holster (Fits Most Revolvers Up To 6-Inch Barrel Length): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

This is a "working"/farm gun? That may make sense if you do not anticipate needing it quickly. Ensure that you understand how to draw from a shoulder rig so you do not set yourself on fire.

I use Haugen rigs for my larger working guns. Chest/bandolier carry is nice for outdoor activities when you do not carry if it is seen. I recommend them without reservation.

I am looking at shoulder and bandolier just because I don't see me packing a 6in barrel on my hip without at least a 10 gallon hat. For sidearm carry, I have a 2" S&W that fits my belt nicely. The Ruger is going to be a primarily home gun, with the occasional jaunts out in the woods or in the car. I think thats why I am leaning towards a bandolier, since it is relatively cheap, and with this not being a daily carry piece, I don't need to spend a lot of money. Plus, with the one I just got (see the link in the original post), I got a speedloader case with it, and will just keep it attached to the bandolier.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    JimmyR - that is exactly what I've been looking at. Blackhawk has something also that is in the running. I think if I can find a camo holster - I'm planning this for deer hunting - that might be something I need to find.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom