• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    LA Police gear has a inexpensive bail out bag on sale. I have one of the older ones and the quality is good. It has held up for over 2 years of what I consider heavy use. It has many odd shaped pockets that make it very versatile. The pockets on the end were designed for radios but work really well for water bottles.

You can buy better bags but I don't think you can get a better bag for the price $14.95.

Here is a review on Youtube:

YouTube - LAPG Tactical Bailout Bag Review

Check them out on the LAP site:

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

bailoutbag.jpg

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good design bro, but have you bought anything from them?

I've read many posts elsewhere saying they take orders charge your card and back order a whole lot.

It sure is not first hand by me only what I have observed on quality forums.

TK

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I just saw these on another thread today and ordered one. They are $14.95 at the moment, but for Black only, if that matters to anyone. $8 Standard UPS shipping to me in Columbus.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    order it now, if you want it by Christmas...or New Years...or Groundhog Day...or this time next year...

as long as I've had some stuff backordered, you'd think Maxpedition wasn't selling to them anymore.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    order it now, if you want it by Christmas...or New Years...or Groundhog Day...or this time next year...

as long as I've had some stuff backordered, you'd think Maxpedition wasn't selling to them anymore.

Eeesh, now I'm not sure if I'm happy I ordered from them or not... I guess I'll see how long it takes to get here...

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I have purchased several of those for the family and some of the 2 day back packs as well as the Jr diplomat bags which work great for ammo bags to distribute a case of ammo just in case for bugging out. Some back orders happen but they keep you informed and you can cancel the back order.

There are some variations in materials between colors for some of the items I have purchased in the value lines. Seems like they switch suppliers if they have back order issues too often.

I have bought crkt knives and a blackhawk gladius maximums led flash at a great price from them. And 2 of their $29 topshot flashlights that my girls absolutely love.

Decent prices 5 day shopping to my door and nice promotional gifts. Could do worse for an online supplier.

The closeout items are the values and I believe overstock and probably why they run into backorders on the standard items.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Hopefully you have better luck, OP. I don't think I've ever ordered from them that I didn't have at least one item backordered. It's to the point that LAPG is a joke on Arfcomm, and a lot of folks besides myself seem to be fed up.

The other side of the coin is that their FUBAR pants, and the Operator Polos are awesome gear.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I've bought lots of stuff from them, and the only thing that was ever back ordered was a windproof lighter. I would order with them any day.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good design bro, but have you bought anything from them?

I've read many posts elsewhere saying they take orders charge your card and back order a whole lot.

It sure is not first hand by me only what I have observed on quality forums.

TK

Yes Sir the first bag I bought, I bought from them. I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from them and no problems. Nothing ever back ordered. Shipping is fairly quick for UPS ground. Usually within 3 -5 days. Sure your not thinking of someone else maybe? Like Botach Tactical, they are famous for messing up orders and back ordering.

Last edited:

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I've went two out of three with LAPG. Two were good, ran into a long backorder on a Galco holster once. If just one item is backordered they will charge you and hold the entire order. Nothing like Botach:xmad:

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've never ordered anything from them that wasn't on the closeout page, which might explain why I've never had anything back ordered. Just ordered a bag and a Streamlight Keymate, $8.32 shipping to my door. Could probably get the light cheaper at the 1500, but I'd have to drive there and spend $3 to park, etc, etc...For the record, I ordered a couple pairs of the FUBAR pants last year, along with a jacket, and was quite pleased with both. Expecting the same this time...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I ordered another one of these bags and some other items late last night. Received e-mail in process, items in stock but not shipped yet. Hey it has not even been 24 hours yet, I'm happy with them.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I started this thread and have always had good service from LA PoliceGear. However I made an order on 3 September, received the initial e-mail from LA PoliceGear saying they got my order and then nothing. As of 12 September I still don't have a tracking number and they haven't answered my e-mail requesting status of order. After having ordered from this site many times before, this is the first problem I have had. But this really sucks they never even followed up on the order they wont even answer a request for status. I guess I'm done ordering from these people.

EDIT:
    I wrote the above yesterday. I received my order today. Never got a response from LA Police Gear, never got a tracking number only the initial confirmation e-mail. I had no idea if this order was ever going to be filled. I ordered it on the 3rd and received it on 13th, so it took 10 days to fill and ship.

So I revise my endorsement of LA Police Gear although this is the first order they ever screwed up they screwed up big time as far as I'm concerned by not giving me a tracking number or answering my request for status. The bag is still a great deal but I will be hesitant to deal with them in the future.

2nd EDIT:
    I just received an e-mail response to my request for status of the order and it shows shipped with a link for UPS tracking showing delivered and a link to write a review. I'm going to write the review and point out some problems at LA Police Gear.

Last edited:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Ordered Thursday, and it arrived today. AWESOME Bag! I loaded up my recovery gear for my Jeep in mine.

It easily held
    -30'x3" tow strap
    -9' tree saver
    -2 shackles
    -snatch block
    -large pair of vice grips
    -leather work gloves
    -winch cable strap
    -2 bic lighters
    -small socket set with common sized sockets + ratchet
    -small wrench set with common wrenches
    -small torx set that fits on above ratchet. Jeeps have torx everywhere
    -basic first aid kit
    -glock field knife
    -Tire pressure gauge
    -zip ties
    -4AA Dorcy LED flash light

I still have room to spare as well. If I tried hard enough I am sure I could get my jumper cables in there too. It looks small on the outside, but holds tons of stuff. Awesome deal for the price.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have the same bag in tan and its great! Lots of room for plenty of stuff and makes a good range bag too! I paid ore than that for mine but imho it was worth it!

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    Ordered one and it took forever (about a week and a half). Im glad I have it, its standing up to some really heavy wear. Im gonna see how much abuse this lil bag can take.

Top Bottom