• ...and so much more!
  • mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    Does anyone have any any experience with 5.11 belts? I need a new belt and like one they have that is reversible. I carry inside the waistband if that matters.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does anyone have any any experience with 5.11 belts? I need a new belt and like one they have that is reversible.

This one?

5.11 Tactical Double Duty TDU Tactical Belt, 1.75" | Official 5.11 Site

I've used their leather belt with plastic stiffener and their 1.75 Operator belt. The leather one quickly showed signs of finish wear. The Operator frayed a bit on the edges but has held up OK overall. Not bulletproof but certainly a good value.

Here's a review I did where they are mentioned: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gear/229983-review_a_gun_belt_comparison.html

mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    Great belt review! I think I will go with the 5.11 operator. Thanks for the help. I like the coyote/black color.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Mgross, just so you know, the Operator is one color only, and is far and away much better suited to carry than the TDU Double Duty that has the two colors. I've carried for years with a Trainer (1.5") and Operator (1.75") belt and just had to replace the hook Velcro on the tongue of the belt on my Trainer. The Double Duty is only meant to hold up a pair of pants, and won't be as stiff for carry purposes.

mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    i ended up going with the operator. I read from several people the Double duty was not good for carry so i ended up having to spend the extra money on the Operator. Thanks for everyones input.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Good video. The only thing I take issue with is the putting down of leather holsters. A good quality leather holster will last for many years. Galco, Safariland, Aker and Kramer all make GOOD leather holsters. Yes they will wear out. Anything man made eventually wears out.

Top Bottom