• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I seem to remember about 15 years ago, Dillon reloading was making a big push for 9 X 23. I am pretty sure they were promoting a way to make major power factor for gun games. I think they were having brass made in the USA.

Starline shows the brass on their website

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’ve thought about the 40 in my G20 and 40 but never did it. My 610s have moon clips. I had a Walther 9x18 Ultra back in the day, nice pistol.
    The Colt came with the Super barrel, I think, and AllenM fit the 9mm so it’s no problem to swap easily enough. I wouldn’t shoot different calibers like that in a gun I liked.
    I know where there a Star 9mm Largo I might have to look into now. :)
    What are you worried about happening?

I met a guy at Fall Creek CC 25 yrs ago that was shooting a Makarov in 9x18 Mac that shot 380 out of it. That's about 8 thou smaller and a MM shorter.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I seem to remember about 15 years ago, Dillon reloading was making a big push for 9 X 23. I am pretty sure they were promoting a way to make major power factor for gun games. I think they were having brass made in the USA.

I recall that being with Brian Eno's and Mike Dillon.

Reactions: Leo

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

I thought it was collaboration between Colt and Winchester for the same reason. Could’ve been all of the above. I know Winchester made the ammo and Colt made some guns. Good round but didn’t catch on. I still have a few boxes but keep my eye out for more. Also look for 45 Auto Rim for my 1917s.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I thought it was collaboration between Colt and Winchester for the same reason. Could’ve been all of the above. I know Winchester made the ammo and Colt made some guns. Good round but didn’t catch on. I still have a few boxes but keep my eye out for more. Also look for 45 Auto Rim for my 1917s.
    Your right. I believe I was thinking of 8X25 Dillon the 10MM necked down to 9mm.

crow.gif

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

I met a guy at Fall Creek CC 25 yrs ago that was shooting a Makarov in 9x18 Mac that shot 380 out of it. That's about 8 thou smaller and a MM shorter.
    I’ve shot 380 from a 9x18 before and a few 40s from a G10mm too but I don’t venture too far from my lane, especially with a $1k-1.5k pistol. Not criticizing just saying what I’m comfortable with.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I had a Makarov that had a different barrel pressed in that was properly chambered for .380. For a commie block entry, it was a really good handling and shooting little pistol.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had a Makarov that had a different barrel pressed in that was properly chambered for .380. For a commie block entry, it was a really good handling and shooting little pistol.
    Yep, Ive seen a few in 380, this guys was not. Every 380 case was ballooned after he fired them. He was aware of the size difference and just didn't care.
    lol

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yep, Ive seen a few in 380, this guys was not. Every 380 case was ballooned after he fired them. He was aware of the size difference and just didn't care.
    lol
    I don't like to shoot anything that reshapes the brass unless I am fire forming .357 Herrett brass. Guess he was used to shooting a gen 1 Glock, <grin>

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    It is perfectly safe to shoot 9x19 brass in a largo chamber as long as you are not loading hotter than the gun can handle. The purpose of loading the bullet longer is to insure that it goes off. That is why the SWC cast works so well at making proper headspace. The bullet makes up for the shorter case.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have an older (1920‘s-30’s era) Llama that is marked 9mm/38. I have loaded ,38 super cases to 38 acp levels and have also loaded some 158gr cast bullets to subsonic velocities to shoot through a 6” mbarrel that a freind threaded for me. It’s more for fun than anything but they function fine in my gun and are pretty quiet with my TM 9mm can.

Top Bottom